While most people gamble for enjoyment and entertainment, there are some people for whom gambling is a problem that can cause financial and personal distress.
Oz Lotteries is committed to providing a safe environment for lottery players to buy and manage their lottery entries online and does not encourage excessive gambling or extending yourself beyond your financial means.
If you feel that you or a family member may have a problem with gambling, we strongly encourage you to contact one of these organisations which can offer free counselling.
Wondering if there is a problem? Take a quiz with the Self-Assessment Tool.
- QLD: Gambling Helpline - 1800 222 050
- NSW: G-line - 1800 633 635
- VIC: Gamblers Help - 1800 156 789
- SA: Gambling Help Line - 1800 858 858
- NT: Gambling Help Line - 1800 629 683
- WA: Gambling Hotline - 1800 622 112
- TAS: Gambling Helpline - 1800 000 973
- ACT: Lifeline Gambling and Financial Counselling - 02 6247 0655
HelpGuide.org's Gambling Addiction & Problem Gambling is a good resource about the warning signs and how to get help.
There are also groups which provide information about local services and support groups in certain countries.
- Austria (www.as-wien.com)
- Canada (www.responsiblegambling.org)
- Denmark (www.ringgaarden.dk)
- Germany (www.gluecksspielsucht.de)
- Iceland (www.saa.is)
- Italy (www.siipac.it)
- Malta (www.caritasmalta.org)
- Netherlands (www.assissa.nl)
- Norway (www.hjelpelinjen.no)
- Singapore (www.ncpg.org.sg)
- South Africa (www.responsiblegambling.co.za)
- Sweden (www.spelinstitutet.se)
- Switzerland (www.careplay.ch)
- United Kingdom (www.gamcare.org.uk)
- World Wide - Gamblers Anonymous (www.gamblersanonymous.org)
If you wish to exclude yourself from using our service please contact us and request self-exclusion. After receiving your request, we will send you the confirmation email of your self-exclusion decision, and your account will be closed immediately, and all your balance in your account will be transfered to your nominated bank account.
Purchasing via Oz Lotteries is prohibited for under 18's. Oz Lotteries employs a range of initiatives to validate members' identities and age, and it is a requirement of membership of our site to provide identification when requested. If sufficient identification is not provided in a timely manner your account can be terminated and any winnings withheld until such time as you can sufficiently prove your identity.
Responsible Gambling Code of Practice
As part of Oz Lotteries's commitment to responsible gambling, we comply with each State and Territory's Codes of Practice, such as:
- South Australia: Download PDF
- Australian Capital Territory: Download PDF
- Northern Territory: Download PDF
If you require a copy of the Code of Practice applicable to your State or Territory, please call our customer service team on 1300 188 911.